FY11 Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP)
The intent of the training award is to enable recent medical or other doctoral degree graduates to obtain the necessary experience to pursue an independent career in NF research. Candidates for this award should exhibit a strong desire to pursue a career in NF research.
The vision of the FY11 NFRP is to find and fund the best research to eradicate the clinical impact of NF. Toward this goal, the NFRP seeks to
- support innovative, high-impact research that will foster new directions for and address neglected issues in NF research;
- sponsor multidisciplinary and multi-institutional collaborations that will bring new perspectives to the field;
- foster the next generation of NF investigators;
- promote translational and clinical studies to move promising ideas from bench to bedside; and
- develop a balanced portfolio of meritorious research related to all aspects of NF1, NF2, and Schwannomatosis.