NIH is taking its experts on the road in 2012! How would you like the opportunity to meet and discuss grant issues with approximately 35 HHS and NIH officials, as well as networking with others in your field? Have you been looking for a comprehensive program that provides valuable information about the NIH grants process, including such topics as peer review, grant writing for success, pre-award and post-award issues for administrators and investigators, compliance, how to interact electronically with NIH, or how to map your career with NIH? If so, make plans to attend one of the 2012 NIH Regional Seminars on Program Funding and Grants Administration.
Optional NIH Electronic Research Administration (eRA) computer workshops are also offered the day prior to the 2-day seminar. These ½ day workshops are designed for administrators and investigators, providing attendees with hands-on experience utilizing the eRA Commons and the overall electronic grants process.
The NIH Regional Seminars are intended for those new to the grants process, including sponsored project officers and departmental administrators, investigators, faculty, graduate students, etc. However, it is also an opportunity for those with more experience to obtain updates on grants policies and procedures. These seminars are expected to draw approximately 500-600 attendees, providing extended opportunities for sharing and learning from peers as well as NIH experts. Due to the popularity of these seminars, early registration is highly recommended. Space is limited.
April 16-18, 2012 – Indianapolis, Indiana (REGISTRATION OPEN)
- Monday, April 16, 2012: Optional eRA Hands-On Computer Workshops
- Tuesday, April 17 & Wednesday, April 18, 2012: 2-Day Seminar
- Get the "EARLY" rate by registering on or before February 13!
- Venue and Seminar Hotel: JW Marriott Indianapolis
- Room Reservations: Click the “Hotel/Travel” tab on the Indianapolis NIH Regional Seminar website to obtain the special rate and registration details.
- The local ambassador institution for this seminar is Indiana University School of Medicine.
June 20-22, 2012 – Washington, DC (REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 2012)
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012: Optional eRA Hands-On Computer Workshops
- Thursday, June 21 & Friday, June 22, 2012: 2-Day Seminar
- More details will be announced soon!