About the Burroughs Wellcome Fund/ASTMH
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Tropical Infectious Diseases
Established in 1999, the Burroughs Wellcome Fund/ASTMH Postdoctoral Fellowship in Tropical Infectious
Diseases supports career development of physicianscientists focused on infectious diseases of the
This unique fellowship provides funding for individuals to conduct research in tropical infectious diseases (and, on occasion, other clinical conditions unique to tropical medicine).
It is designed to stimulate or sustain interest in research in tropical infectious diseases by individuals who are planning academic or other career paths ultimately focused on clinical research relevant to tropical or developing areas of the world.
• Open to individuals with an academic appointment of fellow who propose to perform research in tropical infectious diseases
• Two years of financial support at $65,000 US per year
• A minimum of three months of each funded year must be spent performing research overseas
• Preference given to ASTMH member (post-doctoral student fee is $25)
• Notice of award in November 2013