descriptions are online, and additional details and full program descriptions will be posted in midSeptember.
Strategically-focused Research Network
The Strategically-focused Research Network will focus on PREVENTION.
The AHA is interested in the science community exploring all aspects of prevention, which can assist the AHA in reaching its 2020 Goals and overall mission of building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
To that end, the AHA pursues research from the basic, clinical and population sciences. This RFA will require that each submission have an overall application from the Center Director, as well as three proposals from project Principal Investigators:
- One proposal addressing basic science discovery in prevention
- One proposal addressing clinical science discovery in prevention
- One proposal addressing population science discovery in prevention
More details and the Request for Applications for the Strategically-focused Research Prevention Network program will be available early fall 2013. Offered by: AHA National Research Program
Collaborative Sciences AwardThis program allows two primary investigators from disparate disciplines, with histories of innovative collaborations, to work on a project that is achievable only with efforts from both disciplines. Collaboration should foster innovative, unique and novel discoveries and may combine basic, clinical, population and/or translational research.Offered by: AHA National Research Program
Mentor/AHA Mentee Award
This unique program funds mentors to work with AHA early career grantees who are:
- working in new/difficult areas of inquiry or potential for new discovery,
- underrepresented minorities in science, or
- conducting research at NIH AREA-designated institutions.
Offered by: AHA National Research Program