The Online Fellowship Application (OFA) system is now open for the 2013-14 competitions.
- Amount (for stipends): up to $60,000
- Amount (for project costs): up to $25,000
- Tenure: one academic year, to be initiated between July 1, 2014 and September 1, 2015
- Completed applications must be submitted through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org) no later than 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, September 26, 2013.
- Notifications will be sent by early February 2014.
ACLS invites applications for the ninth annual competition for the ACLS Digital Innovation Fellowships, thanks to the generous assistance of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. This program supports digitally based research projects in all disciplines of the humanities and related social sciences. It is hoped that projects of successful applicants will help advance digital humanistic scholarship by broadening understanding of its nature and exemplifying the robust infrastructure necessary for creating such works.
ACLS Digital Innovation Fellowships are intended to support an academic year dedicated to work on a major scholarly project that takes a digital form. Projects may:
- Address a consequential scholarly question through new research methods, new ways of representing the knowledge produced by research, or both;
- Create new digital research resources;
- Increase the scholarly utility of existing digital resources by developing new means of aggregating, navigating, searching, or analyzing those resources;
- Propose to analyze and reflect upon the new forms of knowledge creation and representation made possible by the digital transformation of scholarship.