NDP Touring Awards support the national tours of new dance works, reserving up to $35,000 in funding for each artist and company.
These awards are distributed as NDP Presentation Grants to U.S. nonprofit organizations presenting the works and are designated to support artist fees and travel. Touring Awards are automatically given to all NDP Production Grant recipients. Additionally, up to ten works created independently from the Production Grant process receive Touring Awards through a competitive application process each fall.
- Choreographers and companies are eligible to apply for Touring Awards. Agents, artist managers, and presenters may also apply on behalf of an artist, company, or project.
- Choreographers and companies are NOT eligible to apply if they are currently receiving NDP support (including Production Grants and FUSED grants) and their NDP-supported touring season has not ended.
Projects applying for Touring Awards should:
- Be in an advanced stage of development and be ready for touring at the beginning of the NDP touring season (between June 1 and August 31 of the following year).
- Involve presentations of dance works of genuine imagination and originality by artists of recognized skill and accomplishment.
- Demonstrate that at least three U.S. presenters from at least two states will present the work on tour.
- Offer potential to engage audiences because of the presented works’ relevance, originality and/or timeliness, and the project’s use of live and virtual strategies to connect the artists and the public.
- Expand the aesthetic styles, geographic reach, and creative engagement strategies of projects funded by NDP Production Grants.
- September 2013: Application available.
- October 7, 2013: Application deadline.