New! Starting in 2014, ExxonMobil will sponsor 10 research grants at US$7,500 per grant. All applicants in the GSA Student Research Grant Program are eligible for these awards, regardless of the topic or location of their research. ExxonMobil will select the top ten proposals based on merit as recommended by the GSA Research Grant Review Committee.
GSA strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to participate fully in this grants program.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No.1052536.
The Geological Society of America is required to issue 1099 forms at the end of each calendar year according to rules set by the IRS. Issuance of a 1099 does not necessarily mean the income is taxable to the recipient. You need to make that determination which may require professional advice. GSA cannot offer such advice.
- Eligibility is restricted to GSA members. How to Join GSA.
- Applicants (US or non-US) must be currently enrolled in a U.S., Canadian, Mexican or Central American university or college in an earth science degree program (with a geologic component).
- NEW: Students may receive a total of two GSA graduate student grants in their entire academic career, regardless of what program currently enrolled in.
2013 Graduate Student Grant Recipients
- All applications must be submitted by Monday, 3 February 2014, 11:59 PM (MST).
- Results will be sent via email the first week in April and award checks will be mailed by the end of April.