Budgets $50,000 or Less
- Education and Social Opportunity
- Organizational Learning
- Purposes and Values of Education
- Teaching, Learning, and Instructional Resources
- Field-Initiated Proposals
For research proposals with budgets of $50,000 or less, please see the information provided below regarding our submission process.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
- Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-PIs applying for a Research Grant must have an earned doctorate in an academic discipline or professional field, or appropriate experience in an education research-related profession.
- The PI must be affiliated with a college, university, research facility, school district, or cultural institution that is willing to serve as the fiscal agent if the grant is awarded. Research Grant proposals from individuals are not eligible.
- Proposals are accepted from the U.S. and internationally, however all proposals must be submitted in English and budgets must be proposed in U.S. Dollars.
- PIs and Co-PIs may only hold one active research grant from the Spencer Foundation at a time. Simultaneous submissions to Spencer from PIs and Co-PIs are discouraged due to this policy.
The next deadline for Small Grant proposals is 4:00pm CST, Tuesday, November 26, 2013. The following deadline will be 4pm CST, February 6, 2014. Additional deadlines will be posted as they are scheduled.